[2021] GF Panthers v Rabbitohs - Game Day Thread

That’s awesome Mutley.

1 Like

Moses in TPJ Out

Why would you pick May over a fit Kenny…if Kenny is fit, he needs to play before Tyrone May IMO.

2 Likes

:mega: Team Lists and Match Officials have been updated.

@Puss - I wonder if your mate up north will lockdown with the 1 random covid case and have no crowds at the GF…

they had a fair crowd last weekend so, relocation to Townsville is on the cards I reckon.

I think I have worked out why we name Kikau as starting when Martin obviously starts;

Due to the COVID lockdown , Martin doesn’t have a number 11 Jersey to fit him :rofl:

1 Like

It’s good to look at the lineup & see 16 players we developed & 17 who made their first grade debuts with the club. How many other clubs can claim that?

3 Likes

Very bad luck for TPJ & I feel for him, but I’m glad to see Leniu in the side. He only played short minutes against the Storm but, geez, he made an impact. Hope he can duplicate that effort against Souths, but for long minutes.

4 Likes

well its come down to this and its the squad named to represent the Club, Community and themselves on the greatest of stages.

I feel sorry for TPJ but in many ways i am happy with this, the team selected have either been there all year or for many were there last year and oddly i feel the pain of last years loss is an incredible motivator.

All players in both teams will be carrying niggles and possibly even bad injuries and all coaching / medical teams will have whoever run out as right as they can be and with a simple mindset of getting through the last 80 minutes for the year.

On selections, i still have grave concerns about May and i would still look at Naden on the bench and leveraging his personal mistake of last year with a chance for him to redeem himself.

We will need size and rotation in our forward pack because that is where this will be won.

We will need to belt their forwards up like we did in the second half of our last game in regular season.

This takes time away from Walker and Reynolds and gives more time for Cleary and Luai.
Sounds easy i know but its that simple.

I imagine Cleary will kick all night to the Bunnies FB to really test him

If i could dial up an outcome, hope we get out to an early lead much like Storm did to us last year and ask Souths to respond and this is where i believe they will self destruct in chasing a lead.

I believe we are motivated and in a great position to go 1 better.

Go Panthers…caannot wait!!!

2 Likes

Same here SBF, although he has been good for us, I feel it is just that we have the team named in this game. This could be the making of Spencer who was very affective with his short stint last week.

If our forwards are fit, we need to dominate early and more importantly stop Tom Burgess who is the key for them off the bench, we need to get stuck into him, I don’t think he will go away without some brutality sent his way.

Cleary will own Taffe…

2 Likes

Champion bloke. I genuinely hope he finds his way back to Penrith someday in the future.

3 Likes

Great story - Hopefully his time with us puts his footy into perspective, you get out what you put in but it’s not greater than life !

2 Likes

Rabbitohs: “Wayne, we will have to try a different tack against Penrith this week, maybe we should buckle down and work on cracking their defence. I don’t think Ivan is going to go for your mind tricks and whinging to officials about the Panthers again…”

Wayne: “Don’t you worry… I got a few tricks up my sleeve”

Screen Shot 2021-09-29 at 12.36.32 pm

I’m sure I have said this many times before… I don’t like Wayne Bennett. Many will say he is the greatest of all time… but to me he is a sad, cranky bastard. He makes everything about him and turns something that should be a “celebration of the game” into the “Wayne Bennett Show”.

Some will say he does that to shield his players. To me it mean his players are paper thin emotionally or the claim is bullshit.

Souths will hope they win this one. Once Benny leaves with his entourage they will be left picking up the piece of the house of cards he built… juts like the Dragons… the Knights… the Broncos… once they are taken off Benny teat they will shrivel up like like a raisin in the sun. These ‘dynasties’ are not designed to work beyond Bennett’s tenure. A poison chalice.

Boy do I hope it’s a smashing we give them, just to see the soured look on that old bastards face.

2 Likes

I’m with you Steve, self adulation contest.

For everything this game has given him, his livelihood and everything he has he owes to Rugby League, he treats the game and it’s fans with contempt. I am 100% positive he is a man manager at a personal level, but the game warrants a greater respect particularly from someone with his longevity. IMO Trent Robinson is a great asset to the game and other coaches could learn alot from him and the likes of Hook and even Browny.

Note: IC is also heading down the path of “I’m too important for the media” but maybe he will change when he gets the monkey off his back this weekend.

2 Likes

You should both ignore ‘stretch’ Bennett as I hope Ivan does.
If you’ve got his attention, you’ve got him worried and so he should be.
We’re a damn good side. Silence is golden, so let’s zip the lip and do our talking on the field.

2 Likes

I pay no attention to Bennett @Puss.

I am merely expressing my displeasure in his tactics on dragging the media into the “Waynes World” hysteria. Grand Final week should be about the players, celebrating rugby league, not what Wayne wants to have a whinge about this week.

2 Likes

I agree, just hope Ivan turns a blind eye to ‘stretch’ Bennett.
We really don’t need to get caught up in his boring barbs.

1 Like

It seems we are playing other kind of mind games, and the media are lapping it up;

Edwards on crutches, to’o in a wheelchair!

I’m more than sure they are both fine come Sunday

2 Likes

Media aren’t helping, all positive stories about Souths, all negative stores about us. I’ve switched off!!!

1 Like