[2021] GF Panthers v Rabbitohs - Game Day Thread

That could be good for the Panthers. Going into the game as the underdog is not a bad thing. Also, with a win we get to see all those so called experts eat humble pie.

3 Likes

i am thrilled to bits Bennet is stoking media claims of Panther infringements.
He is trying the rope a dope move and happy for him to waste time on mind games and is it him preparing his excuses for why Souths lost?

Panthers cheated, we wiz robbed etc…you can read the headlines now as he walks out on another club.
Keep them coming Wayne, we are made of a bit better stuff than to succumb to silly talk.

Panthers will do their talking on game day and for the full 80 minutes…just watch us show you!

3 Likes

The latest report has Souths placing a formal objection to the NRL over our use of trainers in the Storm game!

Pity the club responded, just the let the troll self explode with his conspiracy’s while we win the grand final

1 Like

Finally I’ve seen some positive stories

So, the game is a sellout but since then Anastasia et al have reduced the capacity of sporting venues to 75%. I wonder how the NRL will handle that.
Mind you, for the life of me I cannot see that a 25% reduction in a crowd of 52,000 will have the slightest effect on Covid being transmitted at the game.

1 Like

Move it back to Sydney!!! 75% capacity at ANZ is more than 100% capacity at Suncorp anyway
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

1 Like

Great article out today about Scott Sorenson today. Really puts his effort into perspective, he had a lot of hurdles to overcome.

An amazing player and a amazing person… it would be great to see him end this week with a premiership ring.

1 Like

What! Penrith being treated like shit. Who would have thought it?

1 Like

I’ve actually been seeing heaps of positive articles about the Panthers & very few negative ones. But then, I don’t read or watch anything on News Limited.

1 Like

Feel free to use my logo redesign for the Rabbitohs… for some reason they won’t give me a job.

GloryGlory

2 Likes

I reckon that it’d be appropriate for Penrith to wear Akubras, since the felt comes from rabbit fur (maybe skinned rabbits).

2 Likes

Just heard on the news if Puss’s mate calls a lockdown, the game will be postponed till next weekend to ensure a crowd.

I think this might be political mind games BUT we could certainly do with an extra week of rehab, imagine the furore from Wayniepoo :rofl:

2 Likes

Lockdown’s out of the question, they’d have to cancel King Wally Day, the NRL fanfest celebration being held today (Friday) in Brisbane.

2 Likes

LATE MAIL

Dylan Edwards has been on light duties, using crutches and wearing a protective boot due to a planta fascia problem but coach Ivan Cleary said on Friday the fullback would be good to go on game day.

Winger Brian To’o is managing an ongoing syndesmosis injury that required corrective surgery earlier in the year.

Charlie Staines and Brent Naden have been included in the Panthers 21-man squad as cover in the outside backs.

Props James Fisher-Harris (knee) and Moses Leota (calf) have taken part in training drills and look set to take their place.

“All the boys will be there. They’ve shown great resilience, our boys, a lot of them. I don’t think anything is going to stop them again turning up and playing well on Sunday,” Cleary said.

Mid-season import Tevita Pangai Junior has had MCL damage to his knee confirmed by scans and faces a month’s recovery, ruling him out of Sunday’s decider.

The NRL will have an interesting next 24 hours. Depending on health advice given to the Queensland Government one of the following scenarios will play out.

1. No Lockdown. Match will be played at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday with reduced crowd.

If no lockdown is ordered this week then the game will go ahead as planned in Brisbane. The crowd has already been reduced to 75% capacity to meet health advice given.

2. Game relocated to Townsville. Possible Postponement.

If a lockdown is announced for Brisbane the the game will be relocated to Townsville. Depending on the timing, logistics may be impossible to have the match played on Sunday, the the match may be rescheduled for the next week.

3. Match Postponed. Match relocated to Stadium Australia in Sydney.

If the game is postponed the NRL may take up the option to instead delay the game by two weeks and having the Grand Final played in Sydney at Stadium Australia on the 17th October, to a 50% capacity crowd (about 45,000).

I’m sure the picture will be clearer by Saturday.

There still a chance for me to make my 24th consecutive Grand Final (and 25th in 26 years)!!!

3 Likes

1 Like

Too funny

2 Likes

LATE MAIL

Panthers coach Ivan Cleary has reduced his squad to face South Sydney Rabbitohs in the 2021 NRL Grand Final at Suncorp Stadium on Sunday.

Charlie Staines and Mitch Kenny have been omitted, with Ivan Cleary telling the media on Saturday that fullback Dylan Edwards will be fit to play.

No changes to the squad and will play 1 to 17.

2 Likes