2021 Panthers Contract Thread

mostly agree with your post steamboat. You know I thought we were ‘out coached’ more so than ‘outplayed’ in the G/F. Ivan needs to lift his game !!!

Are we a little too predictable ?

2 Likes

I’m with you there Puss, IC was bellyafied in the GF. We took the same “game tactics” into the GF as we had done throughout the season, CB knew the refereeing wouldn’t be the same and his tactics certainly proved that.

Lesson learned - we hope !

Stephen Crichton ⮕ Signed to 2023 (Re-signed)

3 Likes

The highest paid centre in the game !

Sunia Turuva ⮕ NRL Development Squad

2 Likes

Jerome Luai ⮕ Signed to 2024 (Re-signed)

1 Like

Mr Walker - these recent signings using Dean Whare money must be making your day, certainly pleasing me !

1 Like

Izack Tago ⮕ Signed to 2023 (Promoted Top 30)

J’maine Hopgood ⮕ Signed to 2022* (Promoted Top 30)

Taylan May ⮕ Signed to 2022 (Promoted Top 30)

Club option for 2022

1 Like

These signings and upgrades certainly give me the feeling we are building a dynasty.

1 Like

Pretty happy on all counts mate!

Billy Burns ⮕ St George Dragons (Released)

Eddie Blacker ⮕ Signed to 2021* (New Signing)

* Includes Club 2022 Option.

Sensible swap, back rower for another prop, but can he play ?

Eddie out of Brisbane’s development system. Only heard good things about him so far.

A hard hitter that doesn’t give the opposition an inch.

YAY - Burns, a penalty merchant swapped for what people say is a Front row talent in the making.

I’d say we have identified Eisenhuth as not having the anticipated impact…i.e. replacing Tetavano…with a Tetavano

Watch how he plays against Canberra with this news…if he doesn’t step up a notch or 2, he could be the 18th man going forward.

1 Like

I wish Billy all the best. One of my lower grade favorites, yet never seemed to replicate that form in firsts.

Does it seem like a trend to anyone else that we seem to be shedding our Central west juniors?

Mate, if they’ve got more on the way as good as Isaiah Yeo, bring it on.

I think the issue is there are so many kids in that Central West region that are itching for a spot, and only 30 spots in the top grade to offer them.

I think it was a master stroke for the Panthers to incorporate the Central West in their development system, but the reality is that we will have to let a few go as we can’t incorporate. At the end of the day though all off rugby league benefits from Penrith’s investment, which can’t be a bad thing.

3 Likes

Kurt Falls ⮕ Signed to 2022 (NRL Development Squad > Top 30)

Brent Naden ⮕ Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs (2022)

Damn Trent Barrett, including Hetherington that’s 3 to date.
How many people here quit a job and take the company car with them?