[2021] R10 Titans v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Gold Coast Titans v Penrith Panthers
:stadium: Venue Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane QLD
:clock10: Time Sunday 16th May 2021 6:25pm
:tickets: Tickets Available via Ticketek
:stadium: Gates Open Open at 12:30pm
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :sun_behind_small_cloud: Partly Cloudy 18°C (4% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 48 Tries Nathan Cleary (3), Charlie Staines (2), James Fisher-Harris, Moses Leota, Liam Martin
Goals Nathan Cleary (8/8)
Gold Coast Titans 12 Tries Beau Fermor, Alexander Brimson
Goals Jamal Fogarty (2/2)

:trophy: Dally M Points

Pts Player Team
:1st_place_medal: 3pts Nathan Cleary Penrith Panthers
:2nd_place_medal: 2pts James Fisher-Harris Penrith Panthers
:3rd_place_medal: 1pt Stephen Crichton Penrith Panthers

Judge: Ben Hannant

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

https://bit.ly/33MiGun

Teams

Telstra Premiership
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards
2. Charlie Staines
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Matt Burton
5. Brian To’o
6. Jarome Luai
7. Nathan Cleary (C)
8. Moses Leota
9. Apisai Koroisau
10. James Fisher-Harris
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Liam Martin
13. Isaah Yeo (C)
INTERCHANGE
14. Tyrone May
15. Scott Sorensen
16. Matt Eisenhuth
17. J’Maine Hopgood
RESERVE
18. Paul Momirovski
19. Spencer Leniu
20. Robert Jennings
21. Mitch Kenny
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary
AC Andrew Webster
AC Cameron Ciraldo

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership
Referee Adam Gee
Sideline Official Matt Noylan
Wyatt Raymond
Video Referee Henry Perenara

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2021 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Adam Gee 2011 (0/0) 100 % (10/10) 50.00% 91.5 76.5 1.20

Is it just me who sees nothing magic about so called magic round?

6 Likes

I’d like to see it moved every year. Why should Brisbane have be all the fun?

We went to the last one & had a good time. I have a number of family who live up there so it was a great catch-up. We stayed in an apartment in Southbank, so a walk to the ground.
The whole area was buzzing with supporters of all the clubs in the bars & restaurants, and walking around. most in club colours. It was very friendly with some banter as people passed one another.
We watched the Thu night game on TV at a restaurant. and went to the games on Fri night & Saturday. The only negative was that we got flogged by the tiges on the Fri night. We gave the Sunday games a miss.
I’m not sure the concept would work other than in Brisbane as it did seem to spark the interest of much of Brisbane. Maybe it would work in Sydney? We are not going this year. Maybe it was just a one-off success??

Obviously Covid will have an impact on attendances…why take the risk right !

But agree, maybe it’s because we don’t get the media hype that Brisbane would get, to be brutally honest, I’m not sure I would attend other games if it was in Sydney anyway. Unless I have corporate invites, I don’t go to other games.

my daughter has the tickets and I can’t wait for it we go every chance we can.

Good to see some people enjoy it, each to their own I guess.

If it’s anything like the old 7’s it would be fun. But that comp had nothing of real value to play for (although watching the Pepsi sponsored sea eagles win the Coca Cola 9’s cup was a laugh). Certainly had a carnival atmosphere.

Maybe a bettter idea if they took it on the road to non NRL cities and towns, now that could be magic

My biggest concern with Magic Round is injuries.

We will be the last game this weekend, making the Panthers and Titans the 15th and 16th teams on that field in 3 days.

560 minutes will have been played on that field before the ball is kicked off, even the best of fields are going to struggle to hold up after that much usage. I fear that players will get injured from divots on the field or poor field condition.

2 Likes

David Fafita is contesting the Grading of the Grade Two careless high tackle. He is due to meet tonight at the judiciary. If he is successful in the downgrade he will be clear to play the Panthers this weekend. If not he will miss two weeks.

If the Paul Momirovski appeal is anything to go by, I don’t think he will be successful.

Don’t forget the yawnion played there as well, they apparently tore up the ground.

then why, do the NRL allow it?

J’Maine Hopgood - Panther #600 !!!

1 Like

UPDATE David Fafita contest has failed. Suspended 2 weeks. Will not be playing for the Titans this week.

2 Likes

So, apparently Fifita needs more friends at Bondi and Redhill!

Will be great to see Hopgood making his deput

I was just thinking, and I’m certainly happy with our current situation, but I sorta miss the weekly banter after the team was named. You know, the how the hell do we keep picking insert name of useless Gould signing, how come come so & so can’t get picked instead of xxxxxxx, and how the hell does Elliot keep picking insert name of any number of Gould signings.

We have come a long way when the team can be named without almost any controversy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I almost went into the fetal position with the name Walsh entering my head :woozy_face:

I’ve got a new one anyway, the Slug, based on Sorenson’s debut, the Slug would be in reggies immediately lol

your last slug (Eisenhuth) scored a try last week.
so there you have it MrWalker, Sorensen for first try. :wink:

1 Like

yer, it highlighted how woeful the gummies are, a grubber kick on their line and the slowest forward in the competition was first to the pill.

Note: I took that as a Cleary gift for a struggling unit, it was set up for him and him alone, hence the excitement when he was able to do his job lol

Also shows how Cleary is playing ATM, owning it.

Edit: AND the BIG hit they show from last week with Slug over the top, that was the first contact down low that enabled what is perceived to be a big hit…