[2021] R10 Titans v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Yes we do - I would not swap our 8, 10 & 13 for anything. If we can keep these 3, NC & Edwards, we will see success for many years to come.

The refereeing wasn’t that bad, i say this based on what i saw from the on field calls. It was the bunker that caused the bullshit. The really need to piss off this “go back to the first tackle if foul play is involved” crap, if the ref doesn’t call it during play…GET ON WITH IT.

I’m ok with the try scoring piece where the bunker have until the kick to review and decide if it needs further review…but general play, keep out of it !!! :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth: :face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

2 Likes

sure is a lot of upbeat talk on here but i would like to remind many on here we won the 2nd half 18-12 against a team of 12
I would hope to think Cleary the coach is a livid as i am we even allowed them to score and we essentially went to sleep at the wheel and the Titans again showed a huge weakness we have in Too and the high ball to him.

Its a real concern and 2 teams have now exploited this against him and Cleary will need to find a fix for this and pretty quick because i am sure one Mr Bennett paid close attention to this.

Also Nathan missed 2 easy tackles in the 2nd half

I will take the win but before many think the comp is won, the great sides don’t allow a side down to 12 to score against you

Why was Kikau rested for so long?
Even Api went off only to come back because of a May HIA.

And the sub forwards didn’t give the lift they have in previous games and Eisenhuth was average as was Sorenson and Hopgood…IMO

Remind yourselves we were playing a mob who leak points easily and to be honest are not a contender yet they hung in there.
The shame is we did some things very very well, ;ike the period when Moses was binned but gees we did some terrible things in the 2nd half

Souths will be a different proposition completely.

1 Like

Steamboat, fill that glass mate, I fear yours is at least half empty instead of at least half-full. We win 48-12 & you are looking for negatives.
In all games & during seasons there will always be periods where things slip a bit - these guys maybe skilled and fit, but they are not robots, nor super heroes. I am sure that the future games ahead, including SOO for some maybe just came into their minds, and also a fear of a tackle going wrong under the new interpretations maybe had them a bit gun shy.
At 30-0 at the break Tracey said to me this could be a big score. I said sometimes it’s hard to stay motivated and keep the level up in the 2nd half with a big lead, so I wasn’t surprised it was closer in the second half.
I would rather be IC than Holbrook - their whole attack was based on bombing on the last. Maybe that will get you a try or two, but you are not going to score 50 to win the game that way.
Mate, enjoy the ride. Odds are we will lose a game or two at some point, hopefully not the GF this time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree mrwalker, also the refs don’t want blowouts either. It is human nature to “help” the little bloke and in many instances when you have a 1/2 time score like ours, all 50/50’s go to the losing team.

The Titans weren’t as easy beats as we made them look, to their credit they never stopped trying.

Loved the effect of Moses being sent to the bin, gee he was refreshed when he came back on and scored that try. Give IC something to think about with interchange.

Great to see both front rowers score again. Fish was outstanding.

Cleary is currently the best in the game, and what’s scary is he is still getting better.

Kikau still seems a little out of sorts, but you can’t failt his determination and effort. If nothing else he is the worlds best decoy runner.

Edwards is starting to get noticed more and more. He is becoming a complete footballer.

Crighton made some bad calls in defense again, rushing out of the line (reminds me of Whare lol). But I will eat my words on trading him, as he has refound his attacking form on the right.

So good to see us attacking all over the park again, left up the middle and right. No other team is doing this.

Staines is quickly becoming the talent we suspect he will be, and To’o will be wearing a blue jersey this year.

I have a feeling we will lift again for the bunnies, I’m thinking a total domination with a zero for their score.