[2021] R19 Panthers v Broncos - Game Day Thread

Game Day Information

:rugby_football: Match Penrith Panthers v Brisbane Broncos
:stadium: Venue Suncorp Stadium, Brisbane QLD
:clock10: Time Saturday 24th July 2021 7:35pm
:tickets: Tickets Available at Ticketek (QLD Residents Only)
:sun_behind_rain_cloud: Weather :full_moon: Clear 18°C (7% Chance of Rain :cloud_with_rain:)
:tv: Broadcast :tv: Fox League (Channel 502) [LIVE]
:desktop_computer: NRL Live Pass [LIVE]
:kayo: Kayo Sports [LIVE]
:radio: ABC Sydney 702AM [LIVE]
:radio: 2GB Sydney 873AM [LIVE]
:radio: MMM Sydney 104.9FM [LIVE]

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

Penrith Panthers 18 Tries Brian To’o, Charlie Staines, Stephen Crichton.
Goals Stephen Crichton (1/2), Matt Burton (1/2) 2FG Dylan Edwards
Brisbane Broncos 12 Tries Kobe Hetherington, Ethan Bullemor.
Goals Jamayne Isaako (2/2)

:trophy: Dally M Points

Votes are now undisclosed

Postgame Media

MATCH REPORT

PRESS CONFERENCE

HIGHLIGHTS

PHOTO GALLERY

FULL MATCH REPLAY

PANTHER PRIDE MOTM VOTING

https://bit.ly/3xXFOnf

Teams

Telstra Premiership
:rugby_football: Panthers v Broncos
:clock3: Saturday 24/7 7:35pm
:stadium: Suncorp Stadium
TEAM
1. Dylan Edwards
2. Charlie Staines
3. Stephen Crichton
4. Matt Burton
5. Brian To’O
6. Jarome Luai
7. Tyrone May
8. Moses Leota
9. Apisai Koroisau :small_red_triangle_down:
10. James Fisher-Harris
11. Viliame Kikau
12. Kurt Capewell
13. Isaah Yeo (C)
INETERCHANGE
14. Mitch Kenny
15. Scott Sorensen
16. Spencer Leniu
17. Liam Martin
RESERVES
18. Brent Naden
19. Paul Momirovski :small_red_triangle_down:
20. Matt Eisenhuth
21. Izack Tago :small_red_triangle_down:
COACH
HC Ivan Cleary
AC Andrew Webster
AC Cameron Ciraldo

Match Officials

Telstra Premiership
Referee Ben Cummins
Sideline Official Dave Munro
Peter Gough
Video Referee Alan Shortall

Referee Success Rate

Referee Active Since 2021 Overall Pen. For Pen. Against Ratio
Ben Cummins 2006 (0/0) 100% (19/1/30) 39.0% 197 197.5 1.00

So our ‘home game’ is now going to be played at our opponents home ground?? I hope our club is getting the gate receipts & the game day content is Penrith’s. I expect there will plenty of expat Panther fans at the game.

1 Like

I believe this was done in the effort to create a double header on Saturday.

I am not sure the arrangement, but I would imagine the club gets compensated for moving a home game there.

With the cost to run the comp given the NEEDED changes, majority of the coin should go back to the NRL.

Then what is the arrangement, ultimately isn’t it the fans money, don’t they deserve to know how it’s designated. ???

1 Like

:mega: Team Lists and Match Officials have been updated.

Hmmmm My choice would be for Momo to come back in at centre, Burto and Luai in the halves with May left right out…

Yes his game last week was the best he has had for us at 7, but that doesn’t discount the fact, the Warriors were significantly depleted and Yeo did most of the structure work in the first half. It was only between the 50th and 70th minute that May ‘looked’ like a playmaker.

Anyway, hopefully Luai does most of the steering and May is there to defend like NC :woozy_face:

1 Like

there’s talk in the press he is to be offered a new contract due to his utility value. I suggest he isn’t showing much value at all. Does his best in unfamiliar roles I guess, but going forward I think we need to look elsewhere as the opportunities he’s been afforded haven’t been at the level required for our first grade outfit.

This - 100% on the money with my point of view Puss. HE HAS HAD more opportunity than most with what i would call mediocre results. IC worked out the Eisenhuth situation, why is he so blinded to the Tyrone May one??? :thinking:

What you guys don’t realise is that May is invaluable when the team are viewing the video replays.

So get rid of one of the support staff and add him to the role of ‘analyst’.

Me and Kevin ‘birds of a feather’ eh Albert? :wink:

1 Like

I have long held the fear that no other club will be interested in him, hence we will re-sign him and Cleary will feel required to play him.

it appears from media reports we will be without Api .
media reports are suggesting he breached covid rules whilst in camp with the SOO squad and IF the reports are correct, he may have more to worry about then the fine and suspension.

IF the reports are true, API has shown us all there is utter contempt from some players.

Maybe show him some contempt and get him to play the rest of the year in reserves.

Seriously when will these blokes figure it out, respect the rules and do what you get paid to do.

Instead on focussing on the Broncos, Cleary will be dealing with this.

Worrying for sure, but considering the first report came via the Daily Mail, this may be nothing but nefarious rumour.

We will have to wait and see I guess.

Good thing we have Kenny in the squad.

I wonder whether rules introduced after these blokes signed their contracts are enforceable? SOO seems to have it’s own rules.
nb he’s not a removalist is he ???

These stories shit me to tears…My family are FOLLOWING the rules to the enth degree, I am the only one who leaves the house and that is for Groceries only.

F@#$ing frustrating…

Given that Arrow received a 2 week ban & $35K fine for a similar incident, I’d imagine that Koroisau will get the same. The question will be which 2 games, if the NRL don’t wrap up their investigation before our game this week, I’d imagine he will be playing.

I won’t say anything about the situation right now. There are too many red flags (woman reporting it to wife and the media rather than the NRL).

The NRL Integrity Commission will do their job and come to the conclusion (tapes of the hall or player statements), IF it is found that it happened, then throw the book at him.

But I imagine he would be allowed to play this week, as I don’t think they would be able to reach a conclusion by game time on Saturday.