[2021] R20 Storm v Panthers - Game Day Thread

Liam Martin - was awesome in the wrong position.
Moses - played his arse off to try and ease the burden
Sorenson - should be our first pick when Yeo is unavailable
Eisenhuth - So glad he didn’t have a shocker, tried hard, just not good enough
Kenny - I know Api is good, but Kenny puts everything into a game, if we were full strength, I would make a statement with Api and leave him out…The TEAM comes first.
Kikau - The Jury is still out, one thing is for sure, play the ball not the man, his attempts at laying down to get a penalty are embarrassing. He’s the HULK playing like Big Bird.
Leniu - So much potential but tries to be a hard arse - He needs to take a leaf out of Yeo’s playbook, no mess no fuss.
Hopgood - Very good, still a bit to work on but should be picked before Eiso each week.

All in all, we were brutal for alot of that game, I know the $torm would be feeling it this week and that bodes well for when we are full strength.

AND - without even playing, NC just increased his next contract value lol

P.S. That refereeing was atrocious

4 Likes

Billy was very good against the broncos & on Sunday he was our only threat to $torm on the left & they knew it, making him very heavily marked. In one tackle they had 4 on him & they managed to force the ball loose after some wrestling.
The one time he was able to run into some space we cut him out!

I was reminded of the good old days when we had nothing much to offer & we would throw the ball to Jenko & say do your best. That was our Plan A on Sunday, just with Kikau & not Jenko.

an interesting observation by Sterlo on MMM prior to Manly game.
That is that Melbourne are very good at defending against structure as that’s what’s they’re coached, but struggle against ad-lib !!!

He’s giving Manly a real hope. What do you think?

I’ve tipped Manly, hoping yes right

1 Like