[2022] Round 25 v Cowboys MOTM

Vote for your Round 25 v Cowboys Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 8 Tries Robert Jennings, Sunia Turuva.
Goals Kurt Falls (0/2)
North Queensland Cowboys 38 Tries Valentine Holmes (3), Murray Taulagi, Scott Drinkwater, Hamiso Tabuai-Fidow, Reece Robson.
Goals Valentine Holmes (3/5), Chad Townsend (2/2)
  • Charlie Staines
  • Sunia Turuva
  • Robert Jennings
  • Thomas Jenkins
  • Christian Crichton
  • Kurt Falls
  • Sean O’Sullivan
  • Lindasy Smith
  • Mitch Kenny
  • Matthew Eisenhuth
  • Chris Smith
  • Scott Sorenson
  • J’maine Hopgood
  • Soni Luke
  • Eddie Blacker
  • Liam henry
  • Jack Cole

0 voters

Lindsay smith :star: Absolute champion 2023 will be a big year for him

1 Like

I have to say, despite the scoreline I thought the team played well, their completions were high, their missed tackles were low.

Sure, they lacked a little polish, but looking at some of bottom 8 play this week I feel this weeks Panthers squad would have knocked a few of those off. A wonderful sign for our pathways program and shows that Peter Wallaces promotion to Assistant Coach in 2023 was more than deserved.

As for the votes…

Lindsay Smith… Solid hitter, his defence was solid and attack was sharp.

Thomas Jenkins… I like his style of footy, he gets involved and always looking for the ball.

Eddie Blacker… Didn’t get a lot of minutes, but made it count. That chase down of Drinkwater was something special, I literally got out of my recliner and applauded it. It had to be the play of the game.

Special mention to Charlie Staines. The kid gets a lot of flak from fans, but he had a solid match. That silky pass to send Sunia over was beautiful. The only blemish was that horrible bounce of the ball making him overrun the chase, but I feel a fair few fullbacks in the game would have struggled with that bounce, tit was a real bastard.

3 Likes

I agree with all your comments Steve,
Another two whom I believe deserve shout outs are Kenny and Hop’good.

Kenny is set for bigger things here next year - he showed in both defense and game management he is leaps and bounds ahead of Luke (mind you he should hopefully improve with more first grade experience).

The Eels have picked up a good lock in Hop’good, he is never going to surpass Yeo, but his effort last night was steady as always.

Absolutely. Kenny was impressive, but in saying that, I have felt his game this year has hit new heights and he has really taken it to the next level.

Api was interview this week about his replacement next year and said that he expects Kenny to step into the role and in time make it his own, I tend to agree. I have not been super impressed by Soni Luke, especially considering the Hookers role in on offer. I feel he will most likely end his career playing in the lower grades or moving on.

1 Like