2023 Panthers Contract Thread

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of the Peach and his style of football, but his lack of speed will be tested if he’s marking Glenmore Park junior Suaalii on Friday night.

1 Like

I know a lot of coverage has been dedicated to Edwards, Luai and Martin (and rightfully so), but if I was Panthers management I would be getting Scott Sorensen and Jaeman Salmon (both off contract) and signing them on for another stint.

These guys have been a real strength for the team so far this year. Even in performances where some of the ‘superstars’ were not at their best, those two put in the hard yards and inject both energy and impact. Their value can’t be understated. They are a must to retain.

5 Likes

Looks like there should be some good news soon

If that is the case then all we need to do is lock in Salmon and Cogger and the Panthers Management can breathe easy for another year.

1 Like

Sorensen has signed a new 3 year deal

1 Like

Scott Sorensen ⮕ Signed to 2026

1 Like

Soni Luke ⮕ Signed to 2025

2 Likes
2 Likes

I predict we will keep Martin and Edwards, apparently deals are all but announced.

Luai will no doubt sign for unders like he has done before.

As for the only player who gets a higher payday than him - wtf where the knights thinking!

1 Like
1 Like

Daine Laurie ⮕ Signed to 2024

Out of the remaining players off contract for 2023 I would be resigning Jaeman Salmon and Chris Smith.

Jack Cogger is as good as gone (hard to pass up a starting half spot), and from what I have seen of Eddie Blacker he is either injured or ill-disciplined (reminds me of Jack Hethrington).

EDIT: I noticed Tyrone Peachey was missing from that list in the paper. I’d be keeping him around as well.

1 Like

Mavrik Geyer ⮕ Signed to 2025 (Promoted to Top 30)

2 Likes

Liam Martin ⮕ Signed to 2027

2 Likes

Tyrone Peachey ⮕ Signed to 2024

2 Likes

Jack Cogger ⮕ Newcastle Knights (2026)*

* Starting Season 2024

2 Likes