Are the Eels not as good as media have them?

I thought the Tigers played the best footy they have this year. If they played with that kind of drive and intensity they would have tipped the scales in a few of the other narrow losses they had.

Parramatta on the other hand were dreadful, completely off their game, had it been the Panthers or Storm they played today, there would be a cricket score at the other end.

1 Like

Likewise, I don’t watch other teams, but made the change for this one. I too had an inkling that something might happen. Tiggers wanted it more. Might kickstart their season. Probably won’t make the eight, but may now be competitive.

1 Like

O’h YESSSSSS that was brilliant !

The featherweenies are only any good when they MUST play off the cuff against the better teams, when they try and play structure against the lesser teams, that is what they produce, mistake riddled, no direction footy. Dane Laurie for Dally M just on that 1 hit - such a happy time seeing one of the most overrated players get creamed…SUCKED IN

1 Like

3 Likes

4 Likes

1 Like

1 Like

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

If we had been leading at half time the rest wouldn’t matta.

2 Likes

Love this one. Serious matter, but Sydney Water manage to get the tigers & slimies in the one go😁 Read right to end

2 Likes

Well it looks all but certain that we will face the Eels next week. They are a bit hot and cold at the moment. The Storm were woeful last night and the Eels never really have that feeling they had it wrapped up.

The last game against us we played with 12 for a bulk of it, and they only managed to put on the single try in the second half.

With a fresh lot hitting the field next week, I like our changes of winning in week 1.

3 Likes

And winning in weeks 3 and 4. :smiley:

3 Likes

The Eels are the media darlings at the moment, especially after beating both us & Melbourne twice each, but as they say looks can be deceiving.

Their victory over Melbourne on Thursday was against a depleted side, missing 2 of their spine.

Their recent victory against us was against 12 men for over 60 minutes, we were also missing Luai, and we even managed to win the second half.

When they beat us earlier, I had a big question mark over their penalty try, which was the difference in the end.

They are playing a decent brand of footy, but I’m still not sold on them having what it takes to go the distance.

1 Like

This game would fill any stadium, sucked in to the NRL who (IMO) have an agenda to get the featherweenies a premiership sooner rather than later due to their supporter base. Funny thing is, the lunatics that go for this mob will probably go back into their caves if they won, come back out in another 30 years as losers again :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Spot on, Mutley. Plus, Gutherson scored when Kikau was on the ground, Brown’s try was after the luck of the bounce (although Edwards should have caught it), Cleary’s goal kicking was as bad as I have seen it, and the attempted field goal was probably his worst ever attempt in a game. Yet the media talk as though the slimies beat us comprehensively on both occasions. I hope that it leads them into a false of confidence. Maybe we can also see Blake bomb a try as he did when at Penrith on regular occasions, and hyphen-Gillard lets his emotions get the better of him.

1 Like

To be fair we scored off a blatant Kikau knock on before half time. They are probably the second best team in the NRL so if we are off we can loose.

1 Like

We also had a try disallowed for an “obstruction” that was nowhere near being to able to stop the try in that same game, so that cancels out Kikau’s knock on try.

2 Likes