For a bit of fun

Damn Steve, knew I missed some names of my list. Good of added Butterfield myself.

My guess - Gillmeister

SHF - Tulsen Tollett?

Steve - Tony Butterfield?

Not Butterfield. Met him after one of the “Old Boys” matches at Penrith a many years ago.

Not Gillmeister. In one of my previous jobs I had a short term contract around Logan. Used to head out to the old Crushers Leagues club in the Grange. The axe used to be there every now and then and was always having a yarn.

1 Like

Not TT - went to school with him. Always a boy wonder. Always got outclassed by Fittler and Ben Alexander in school comps. Of course was a bit of a flop for the Panthers

1 Like

Mutley - who do think was on the pub crawl?

Steve - 2nd guess Tim Sheens

Not Sheens.

So far it’s not Butterfield, Gillmeister or Sheens.

Luke Covell is who I’d expect to be on the pub crawl with Rogers, I know they used to hang out when they were both at Sharks.

SHF - Peter Stirling?

Steve - Des Hasler?

I’m with mutley on both.

Can we make a rule, No Parra - makes me sick, Penrith people associating with the scum of the west !!!

1 Like

Not Hasler. Met him a game against Manly at Brookvale Oval during his first stint there.

So… Not Hasler, Gillmeister, Sheens, Butterfield. I’ll throw in 2 more it isn’t, It’s not Simmons or Alexander.

I don’t hate Parra the way a lot of Panthers fans do. Sharks on the other hand…
:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

mrwalker won’t say his name Steve, can we give mrwalker Phil Gould :rofl:

1 Like

Not Mr Gould. It’s pretty well known that we had ‘met’.

So… Not Gould, Hasler, Gillmeister, Sheens, Butterfield, Simmons or Alexander

Not many options left (only 3).

Ok,

Yes I was on the unplanned pub with Cavell and Rogers. Must say I can’t stand the sharks as a club, but well players who you bump into after a Christmas party, end up amalgamating tables at some long forgotten bar in the city, then it’s only the three of you left, and you decide to go pub to pub, until you realise it’s after lunch and your missus is going to be mega pissed - they were alright guys by me.

Especially as they bought most of the drinks, including a very nice bottle of 32yo islay at some bar with stone walls that I wish I could find again lol.

It’s not sterlo again as a club player can’t stand parra, but he’s a real gentleman when you meet him. Actually stopped and had a beer with my brother and I after a semi final at the sfs.

1 Like

SHF - Anthony Xuerub?

Steve - Luke Lewis?

Yep… Luke Lewis. Opportunity had never come up.

I have filled in the original list.

1 Like

Not Xuerub - used to deliver pizza to him and his father every weekend when he was playing - how he kept his weight in check is beyond me lol.

1 Like

SHF - Is it Nathan Cleary?

1. Norm Provan - met several times when I was a kid & my parents used to buy stuff from his shop in Caringbah (probably the first player I ever met, unless you want to include my Grandfather who played lower grades with Balmain)
  2. Robbie Kearns - neighbour growing up & a few years ahead of me at school
  3. Matt Rogers - his first wife was a school friend, met him several times, the most memorable being in a takeaway shop near home just hours after we pumped them circa 2000 :joy::joy::joy:
  4. Arthur Summons - never met
  5. Luke Stuart - a few years below me at school
  6. Mick Crocker - met several times around Bondi when he was playing for Roosters & Rabbitohs
  7. Brett Finch - run into him at North Bondi shops fairly regularly
  8. Victor Radley - used to drive him to & from school, ironically one of the best behaved kids on the bus
  9. Cameron Blair - sales rep who used to visit regularly in my old job
  10. Luke Covell - customer in my old job a few times

Either 1 or 4, go with 4 - Arthur Summons

1 Like