New Stadium Announced for Penrith

I think they have not really address it as they were expecting the stadium to be demolished at the end of this year. You would hope that if we are staying for another 2-3 years they will address situation.

This is why I eat & drink at the club first. Hate lining up half of the game for food & drinks.

I too share the concerns of the food and drink queues.

Easy fix (which the club has done before), is too use mobile vending carts for beer, and also food. I remember they even had a bbq on the hill a few years back

1 Like

With the new stadium being built on the showground site, I believe an easy fix for the show would be to close Ransley street, demolish the Northern Hill and then you have an open plaza between the two. Penrith Park can be the new showground, with a potential semi - permanent sideshow alley between the two stadiums

1 Like

I would think that vending machines for alcohol would be illegal now under RSA laws?

Thanks Steve, I think that building on its original site it won’t be feasible outcome financially. It looks like they would want build bigger stadium by doing that they it needs bigger site which Penrith paceway is.

You are correct, however that wa s wasn’t what I was referring to.

Instead wheeled fridges / cool boxes/ bars, staffed with point of sale machines.

They used to have these on the Southern Hill and on the walkway behind the black hole terrace area.

With regards the stadium, a mate at work provided a rumour (more like a fantasy suggestion). If the government plans to fund a new stadium at Penrith, plus and upgrade at Stadium Australia in order to win the 27 RWC, it would make better financial sense to build a new “Suncorp style” stadium at Penrith i.e a 50k - 60k stadium.

Food for thought considering we appear to be going to a bigger site.

1 Like

That’s a rather awful artists impression.

Stands too shallow and not close to the field. Poor weather protection etc etc.

Good thing it won’t look like that - it’s on the current site too.

Kinda looks like a cross between a shrunken stadium Australia, and Bruce stadium.

That’s only artist impression design look for new Penrith Stadium.

find another artist ! :thinking:

I’m thinking the reasoning there delaying whole project 12 months at Penrith Stadium they want to build masterplan for the site not just stadium itself a new precinct site. On top of that The Paceway site allows for a stadium with a likely 30,000 capacity and a better footprint for a much more modern, improved facility.

1 Like

Interesting story here. I wonder how things will play out.

Money talks…They appear to be making a political issue over resident wants / needs.

3,000 apartments in 22 stories at a site that size will create a “Bronx” type living environment.

NOOOOOOO

4 Likes

But a lovely view of the river ???

Penrith Stadium Alliance established; backs Paceway as preferred site

Western Weekender | 28 November 2022

There’s been a major development in the location of a new stadium in Penrith, with the new independent, apolitical Penrith Stadium Alliance officially formed and backing the Penrith Paceway as the preferred site.

The Weekender can reveal the Penrith Stadium Alliance will strongly advocate on four key issues:

• Construction of a new world class multipurpose Sports and Entertainment Venue in Penrith.
  • That the venue be built on the current Penrith Paceway site and continuity of the existing Penrith Stadium be maintained during construction.
  • The current Penrith Stadium site be converted into a new public open green space.
  • The Penrith Paceway be relocated with the support of the NSW Government to a new site within the Penrith LGA.

Importantly the group is apolitical and “pro-Penrith” and is being driven by key local business identities.

“A new Penrith Stadium represents an amazing once in a generation investment into the Penrith CBD and we must get it right. It’s critical that local Penrith business has a strong voice on such an important issue”, said Alliance spokesperson Daniel McKinnon.

“With our city and particular our CBD so critical to our local economy it’s crucial that Penrith gets the venue it needs and deserves. That can only happen on the Penrith Paceway site. The Paceway site has size for a modern stadium that just isn’t available on the current stadium site.”

The stadium debate has cooled in recent weeks but remains a major issue with no clear direction locked in for the new venue, which was announced a year ago by Premier Dominic Perrottet.

The plan was originally to knock down and re-build the current stadium, but the State Government and Infrastructure NSW are now negotiating with Penrith Paceway and want to build the stadium on their site.

They will compulsorily acquire the site if need be.

The fact the new Alliance is pushing for the Paceway option and is driven by local business identities is likely to reignite discussions around the acquisition being locked in.

With the situation in limbo, the Penrith Panthers will play at the existing stadium next season.

The stadium issue has been clouded by the fact a State Election is due to be held in March. Stadium funding remains a hot issue the winning party will need to ultimately address. The Alliance being apolitical means it can have a significant seat at the table with both major parties when it comes to the Penrith commitment.

Mr McKinnon said ensuring continuity of the current stadium is an important issue for local businesses.

“We accept that with any form of new infrastructure there is disruption and inconvenience,” he said.

“In this case we strongly believe it is in the interest of more Penrith businesses that the current stadium operations be maintained during construction of the new venue.”

Penrith Stadium Alliance has launched a website – www.penrithstadiumalliance.com.au – as well as a petition, calling for its four key points to be addressed.

It wants an assurance from government that if a new stadium is built at the Paceway, the old stadium would be converted to public land.

“With a new stadium constructed on the current Paceway site we are strongly of the view that the NSW Government and Penrith Council should collaborate to create to create a new open green space on the site of the old stadium,” Mr McKinnon said.

“We all know Penrith is growing and passive recreation spaces will be harder and harder to come by. Turning Penrith Park into a Penrith Park is a no brainer.”

SOURCE

1 Like

I seems that now in a few articles they have mentioned TQL Stadium as a ‘blueprint’ for the new Penrith Stadium.

TQL Stadium is the home of FC Cincinnati in Ohio and has a seating capacity of 26,000.

They have a interactive map if you would like to see what the view is like for seating

https://3ddigitalvenue.com/3dmap/clients/fc-cincinnati/bowl/

Below is also a youtube walkthrough of the stadium in the late stages of its construction.

2 Likes

My concern is the likely politicalisation of the new stadium project, & how that may impact the way forward, particularly with an upcoming state election.
There can be no doubt that the people of Penrith deserve a state-of-the-art facility and that the Showground location is the right location, but ignorance and petty politics are hard enemies to overcome.
Let’s hope we can have a new stadium for the entire community to enjoy, and a fine recreation precinct in the existing stadium land.

1 Like

Don’t forget the lining of pockets, the hyperbole being spued by said officials borders on hypocritical, they are not trying to achieve a resolution, just slinging shit at each other…and it’s all to do with the “development” of the paceway site.

Trots CEO fuming after Penrith Panthers stadium redevelopment plans revealed

2GB | Chris O’Keefe | 2 February 2023

The plans for the redevelopment of Penrith Stadium have been confirmed, with the stadium to be built on the current site of the Penrith trots next door.

It will allow the Panthers to continue playing at their current stadium, BlueBet, until the facility is completed.

CEO of Penrith Paceway Tash Greentree has revealed to Chris O’Keefe that she’s “extremely frustrated.”

“It’s getting exceedingly difficult to operate a business. We have absolutely no idea what’s going on”.

“You can’t tell me that’s not going to be a massive cost on taxpayers when they’ve got land and a place for a stadium there. Surely there are other things the money can be spent on at the moment than trying to acquire our land and relocate us.”

AUDIO :mega:

SOURCE