R9 Rabbitohs v Panthers - Game Day Thread

My understanding is Cleary is being rested due to the short turn around & travel.

Though the reason is specifically the recovery of the hamstring. It was a tough return in Townsville and Iā€™m not sure his hamstring was 100%, as they wanted to ease him back into footy.

I think with the short recovery time it would have been prudent to sideline him for a week. We all know Joe vital he is to the side, itā€™s best not to rush things when we have more than adequate replacements on the meantime.

2 Likes

Oh Well. More Dally M points for Edwards.

2 Likes

I agree with Mutley. Be interesting to see how they go. Will they put in the effort now the coach is gone or is the team divided over other issues. I also note that Souths donā€™t actually have a new coach, just the assistant stepping in for now.

2 Likes

Scrappy start. Iā€™m sure that any non-Panthers fans will be calling out our first try for a forward pass. Wonder how many will mention the forward pass (and possible knock on) in Souths first try.

We look like we are ready to run over the top of them. Hope that we can run up a score.

1 Like

:rugby_football: Knock On Effect NSW Cup | Full Time

40px Penrith Panthers 30 Tries Daine Laurie (3), Jesse McLean (2).
Goals Paul Alamoti (5/5)
40px South Sydney Rabbitohs 10 Tries Carson Kaho, Jarrett Subloo.
Goals Dion Teaupa (1/2)

KNOCK ON EFFECT NSW CUP MATCH REPORT

+ Coming Soon

A poor start but we recovered well.

The first southā€™s try was questionable for sure, the second we embarrassed ourselves.

Edwards gets more brilliant ever game

2 Likes

Easy win in the end, even if we were well below our best.

To me the May try said everything about the game. We were playing eyes up football, they werenā€™t, and got their pants pulled down.

3 Likes

:rugby_football: Telstra Premiership | Full Time

40px Penrith Panthers 42 Tries Luke Garner (2), Sunia Turuva, Brad Schneider, Lindsay Smith, Taylan May, Izack Tago.
Goals Dylan Edwards (7/7)
40px South Sydney Rabbitohs 12 Tries Izaac Tuā€™itupou Thompson, Dean Hawkins.
Goals Dean Hawkins

TELSTRA PREMIERSHIP MATCH REPORT

:mega: Panther Pride Man of the Match voting is now open here.

Scrappy start but stuck with it and a solid win.

Hope Iā€™m wrong, but I think Yeoā€™s response spoke volumes about Cleary.

2 Likes

Ironic
:rofl::rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

First full game Iā€™ve watched in a while as I have been overseas.
Souths first try - the only downward pressure on the ball was gravity.
Souths second try was Luai being lazy.
I donā€™t think Luai will be a great loss; looks like he is auditioning for a part in Dirty Dancing.
Turuva will be a great loss but replacements are coming through the ranks.
Can Edwards and Yeo get any better?
Has Nathan Cleary used up all his sick leave for this year?
The 6-again rule is spoiling our game; yesterday was ridiculous.
Highlight for me was the length of the field backslapping for Edwards after his quick restart to put May clear through for a try.

3 Likes

I loved Jaromeā€™s little wave goodbye :joy:

3 Likes

I saw that. It would be great to have a screenshot of that.

1 Like

Bye!

He was waving before May had even crossed the 30m line :joy:

5 Likes

I hadnā€™t noticed Luai waving ā€œBye.ā€ Thatā€™s great! Thanks for posting it.

It sure adds a bit of colour to the game. But I noticed that Luai was equally relaxed when the Southsā€™ player waltzed past him to score their second try. Was he trying to do a ā€œMitchellā€ and have a bit of downtime?

1 Like

Still a bit rusty but our effort and desire ensures we are always in the game, even if we go behind early on. There will always be something we, or someone, should/could have done better, which the hard markers will always point out.

Each week we face a team either trying to make something of their season, or playing their ā€˜GFā€™, against the premiers so itā€™s never going to be easy. Almost always we respond & get the bikkies. Sitting nicely on the ladder and looks like we will be there when the whips are cracking.

Too many standouts to run thru all the names, with DE and IY at the very tops of their games, but Mitch Kenny is outstanding this year. We miss Api, and their games are very different, but there is no #9 that would work better for our team at this point.

There will be some troughs between now & October, but the signs are looking good for a good defense of our title.

May the fourth be with you.

4 Likes

This was a game we should have won handsomely and the score will reflect we did.
That being said, i believe we were just way too clunky and off our own game.

The first try they scored was simply not a try but we have become used to getting bad calls, however their second try was masterful.

On our effort, we clearly miss Cleary and imo Schneider is not a match on Cogger and this is a concern. Further for some reason which i cannot understand Luai has gone back to his early bad habit of moving laterally and jumping around which seems to throw our rhythm in attack out of whack.

I think Leota and JFH were way off their best and in some way are not giving Schneider time to use any of his skills.

we got the money and the points but to be fair Souths are a rabble and have a mortgage on the wooden spoon.

Edwards again was clearly MOM and i fear how we would have gone without him and Cleary.

2 Likes