Rumoured Player Movements

I’m hearing that Charlie Staines & Daine Laurie are going to be released by the Tigers. Would it be worth bringing either or both back to the club?

I don’t even know where we would put them. I guess it would make sense from a depth perspective if we can snare them at a lower cost, but we are pretty much have the first grade almost sorted out in 2024, particularly in the backs.

1 Like

Funny enough, if you look at the list @Mutley posted of off contract players listed in the Telegraph you could almost throw together (creatively) a starting 13 of former Panthers…

1. Charlie Staines (Wests Tigers)
  2. Bryce Cartwright (Parramatta Eels)
  3. Jed Cartwright (South Sydney Rabbitohs)
  4. Waqa Blake (Parramatta Eels)
  5. George Jennings (Melbourne Storm)
  6. Daine Laurie (Wests Tigers)
  7. Wade Graham (Cronula Sharks)
  8. James Tamou © (North Queensland Cowboys)
  9. ???
  10. Matt Lodge (Sydney Roosters)*
  11. Billy Burns (St. Goerge Illawarra Dragons)
  12. Corey Waddell (Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs)*
  13. Hame Sele (South Sydney Rabbitohs)

* Played NYC for Penrith Panthers

1 Like

Maybe throw Braidon Burns on the wing & put Bryce Cartwright at hooker? Or Cartwright to five eighth & Laurie at hooker? Or even Cartwright halfback with Graham at hooker?

Of those off contract the only ones I’d take back (for depth), would be Staines, Jed and Billy Burns.

Wouldn’t touch Waqa or Bryce with a barge pole :rofl:

1 Like

1 Like

Regarding Somerton, it doesn’t surprise me, I recall he impressed during the pre season trials,

1 Like

Have heard we may be bringing Daine Laurie back next year.

I hear the commentary was that it was to ‘hedge’ contract negotiations with Luai, as they think we won’t be able to put together a decent contract offer for Jerome, and he may be lured elsewhere.

It’s not how I see it though. From what I have been hearing there is a fair amount of demand for Jack Cogger to slot into a first grade side. He could be a walk up start at some clubs right now. He knows as a halfback he will always be behind Nathan at Penrith, and that won’t change anytime soon.

I say that Penrith are trying to fill a NSW Cup halves slot. He will be in the Top 30 like Cogger, but will play most at his footy in reserve grade.

I’d rather be playing second string at Penrith than first string at the Tigers to be honest.

1 Like

Daines problems are not that he doesn’t have talent, he just chased the dollar too early before he developed, and was fed straight to the lions at a non- development club.

1 Like

Speak of the devil…

2 Likes

Ever since Cleary has made first grade, our back-up half always moves on;

Smith
May
Burton
SOS

Sure I have missed on or two

1 Like

Have heard we have lost Salmon to the Dogs

I am hearing Peach may be joining Souths as early as next weekend - very strange rumour

Heard this as well. No confirmation as of yet.

But if true, we should be sitting down with Peachey and offering him a contract extension.

1 Like

Have heard we are signing Riley Price from Cowboys

Any relation to Ray Price?

Son of former Bulldogs captain Steve Price.

1 Like

1 Like