2024 Panthers Contract Thread

Todays news came as a major surprise and as a supporter we are disappointed but understand a young man grabbing as much money as he can and if we are to understand, to be closer to his larger family.

Not sure i am comfortable in how they put it as on “compassionate grounds” but it is what it is.

My only hope is he gives his all to secure another premiership with the Panthers this year.

In retrospect to win a single premiership is something many do not attain and he has secured 3.
Its been quite a ride and just hope his passion for one more still runs deep in his DNA, not sure he will win one with the Warriors but winning 3 is some effort he will look back on with heaps of amazing memories.
Wish him good luck but with an eye on his final push with us.

2 Likes

Must say o was in a state of shock reading the email from the club this afternoon, was actually hard to open this site.

I do wish Fish all the best, it must of been a tough decision.

The warriors will sure be a force with him leading their pack.

I hope he gives the rest of the season his all, but having seen the quality of the man, I am sure he will.

1 Like

As disappointing as it is to have Fish leave, we can only accept that he has more than earned his right to return home after what he has given our club. One of the truly great Panthers.

Also a mark of where our club stands today as all this was ongoing and not a single whisper to the media - well done to Panthers & Warriors in this regard.

1 Like

This is massive for me also mrwalker, speaks volumes about the culture we have built within our organisation. I am sure there would have been conditions with the Warriors to also maintain the integrity of this deal and kudos to them also, seems they are also looking for the right culture at their club.

Re the announcement it is probably perfect timing to be honest, we have these young bucks coming through who are demanding attention, and for mine Moses is our “leader of the pack”. Don’t get me wrong, in no way am i underselling the importance of Fish, he was absolutely integral to our current position, but I feel Moses has taken the lead and is the dominent front rower in the game. Moses IS the reason they want to bring in the short kick off rule, ask any opposing player who they DON’T want to be in front of off a kick off…MOSES THE MOTOR LEOTA - oops got a woody :rofl:

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I’m not too optimistic about retaining Turuva, either.

If Turuva does go, Jesse McLean would probably take his spot. Or, promote Paul Alamoti & let he & Taylan May fight it out for who plays centre & who plays wing.

1 Like

Channel nine news just reported that Turuva has signed a 3 year 1.8M contract with the Tigers.

Next man up!

We don’t pay that coin for wingers here

4 Likes

Good luck to Turuva. Hope it works out for him.

Next Man Up.

3 Likes

Wingers find it hard to score tries if they aren’t being fed quality ball from their inside men. Charlie Staines has found that out, and Turuva will be on the same journey.

3 Likes

Sunia Turuva ⮕ Wests Tigers (2025)

Another one who has won his last premiership…good luck to him WT will have two extremely expensive wingers but if they dont get the ball they aint going to score as Charlie has discovered

1 Like

After Alomoti’s performance last night in what is his 2nd first grade with us (and a total of 5 first grade games I think) I am confident we have Turuva’s replacement well and truely covered.

Alomoti just needs some of his Bulldogs coaching coaches out of him :joy:

2 Likes

I thought Alamoti was impressive last night with the only slips being the need for consistent time to build on his combinations.

Hate to be the coach, but if last night was anything to go by, I’d find it tough to drop him.

1 Like

Alomoti will be a more than adequate replacement for Turuva and was unlucky to be dropped after his performance last weekend…difficult decision though as Turuva is also in great try scoring form

1 Like

Isaiah Papali’i ⮕ Signed to 2027 (New Signing)

https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2024/05/23/papalii-to-join-panthers/

3 Likes

I think he is a much better pickup that Fifita would have been. No doubt a cheaper price too

2 Likes

His form at Tigers was average at best, but at the Eels he was a force.
He will be a great buy if he can rediscover his from with the Eels and there is no reason to think he couldn’t surrounded by a quality pack and team.

He is part of the puzzle but would like to see a Front Row forward along with a quality centre, half and dare i say FB to bolster our squad.

I think we need a minimum of 3 years to develop emerging juniors and we need to fill that gap with players who want to be in our system.

1 Like

Luke Garner ⮕ Extends to 2026

3 Likes

Very happy with Garners re-signing. He has come along leaps and bounds in his time with us.

4 Likes

Garner has come a long way from who he was at the Tigers. It amazing what a change of club can do for a players development. Garner always seems to be the guy at the Tigers that would be carrying the team when they were just awful out there. I’m glad Ivan saw that (especially he got his start when IC was at Wests) and brought him to Penrith.

Will we see him in the #10 next year perhaps?

3 Likes