Round 1 v Sea Eagles MOTM

Vote for your Round 1 v Sea Eagles Man of the Match

Penrith Panthers 28 Tries Izack Tago, Stephen Crichton, Jarome Luai, Apisai Koroisau, Liam Martin.
Goals Stephen Crichton (3/5)
Manly Sea Eagles 6 Tries Ethan Bullemor.
Goals Reuben Garrick (1/1)
  • Dylan Edwards
  • Charlie Staines
  • Izack Tago
  • Stephen Crichton
  • Brian Too
  • Jarome Luai
  • Sean O’ullivan
  • Moses Leota
  • Apisai Koroisau
  • James Fisher-Harris
  • Viliame Kikau
  • Liam Martin
  • Isaah Yeo
  • Mitch Kenny
  • Scott Sorensen
  • Spencer Leniu
  • Jaeman Salmon

0 voters

First time I haven’t picked 8 or 10 as MOTM, i went with Liam Martin as my 3rd choice after watching the replay, he does not stop.

1 Like

I would like to give them ALL a vote. Was hard to fault anybody in that match last night. Though there were 3 that I would think I was impressed on the night.

Dylan Edwards

344 metres, 31 runs, 4 tackle breaks, 1 line break. Amazing form for round one, Manly drove that ball down field over an over to try and turn him around, and he would return a good 30 metres. Was always around the play when something was on

Stephen Crichton

Very active all game, he put on a lot of critical tackles, and was sharp in attack.Very dangerous down his edge, and had to go the hard way, as the Manly defence has Charlie Staines marked out to prevent him sprinting down the sideline.

Scott Sorensen

Put in a strong effort when he came on, Made good metres in attack and defence was rock solid. He we scheduled to come off for Leota, but Leniu had a injury that required him to come off instead, he stuck out there for much longer than usual, but handled it like a champ.

2 Likes

Definitely difficult to pick only 3. Everyone put in a dominant performance. Gives the Staines critics something to think about.

2 Likes

Yer I reckon Staines is trying to make sure he is picked in 1’s every week, even in the trials he ran hard.

Looks to have beefed up slightly which will help him.

I reckon he will have a very sore hip today, one of his runs he got bent in half with a solid shot to the hip…OUCH - but to his credit, ran it out and kept playing hard and that is all you can ask of him.

3 Likes

Not a bad player - each did their job well & they certainly played as a team.

Before looking at any numbers or replays, just from watching the game from the stand, Edwards, Fish & Yeo were my 3.

Wait a minute. That was my vote. :thinking:

1 Like